Efootball provides a subscription service that allows our members to access movies and TV shows (“Efootball content”) streamed over the Internet to certain Internet-connected TVs, computers and other devices (“Efootball ready devices”).
Membership:1.Membership. The membership is divided into two: “recurring payment” and “single payment”. Your Efootball “Recurring Payment” membership will continue month after month until terminated. In “Single payment” membership you can opt for an advance payment of 1, 3 or 6 months that will be cut once the months purchased are fulfilled. To use the Efootball service you must have Internet access and a Efootball ready device, and provide a current, valid, accepted method of payment, which you may update from time to time (“Payment Method”).
- Monthly Membership: Unless you cancel your “recurring payment membership” before your monthly billing date, you authorize us to charge your next month’s membership fee to your Payment Method (see “Cancellation” below). You can find specific details regarding your Efootball membership by visiting our website and clicking on the “Your Account” link available at the top of the pages of the Efootball website under your profile name.
Free videos:Efootball will have a certain number of videos open to the public so that you can see and explore the material before making the decision to subscribe.
- 3.1. Billing Cycle: The membership fee for the Efootball service and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the service, such as taxes and possible transaction fees, will be charged on a monthly basis to your Payment Method on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of the paying portion of your membership. In some cases, your payment date may change, for example if your Payment Method has not successfully settled or if your paid membership began on a day not contained in a given month. Visit our website and click on the “Billing details” link on the “Your Account” page to see your next payment date.
- 3.2. Payment Methods: You can change your Payment Method by visiting our website and clicking on the “Your Account” link. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, and you do not change your Payment Method or cancel your account, we may suspend your access to the service until we have obtained a valid Payment Method. When you update your Payment Method, you authorize us to continue charging the updated Payment Method and you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. This may result in a change to your payment dates. For some Payment Methods, the issuer may charge you certain fees, such as foreign transaction fees or other fees relating to the processing of your Payment Method. Local tax charges may vary depending on the Payment Method used. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
- 3.3. Cancellation: You can cancel your Efootball membership at any time, and you will continue to have access to the Efootball service through the end of your monthly billing period. To the extent permitted by the applicable law, payments are non-refundable and we do not provide refunds or credits for any partial-month membership periods or unwatched Efootball content. To cancel, go to “Your Account” page and follow the instructions for cancellation. To see when your subscription will end, refer to “Your Account” page. If you signed up for Efootball using your account with a third party as a Payment Method and wish to cancel your Efootball membership, you may need to do so through such third party, for example by visiting your account with the applicable third party and turning off auto-renew, or unsubscribing from the Efootball service through that third party. You may also find billing information about your Efootball membership by visiting your account with the applicable third party.
- 3.4. Changes to the Price and Service Plans: We may change our service plans and the price of our service from time to time; However, any price changes or changes to our service plans will apply to you no earlier than 30 days following notice to you.
- 4.1. You must be 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your province, territory or country, to become a member of the Efootball service. Minors may only use the service under the supervision of an adult.
- 4.2. The Efootball service and any content viewed through the service are for your personal and non-commercial use only. During your Efootball membership we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the Efootball service and view Efootball content. Except for the foregoing limited license, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you. You agree not to use the service for public performances.
- 4.3. You may view the Efootball content primarily within the country in which you have established your account and only in geographic locations where we offer our service and have licensed such content. The content that may be available to watch will vary by geographic location and will change from time to time.
- 4.4. Efootball regularly makes changes to the service, including the content library. In addition, we continually test various aspects of our service, including our website, user interfaces, promotional features and availability of Efootball content.
- 4.6. The quality of the display of the Efootball content may vary from device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. HD availability is subject to your Internet service and device capabilities. The minimum connection speed for SD quality is 0.5 Mbps However, we recommend a faster connection for improved video quality. A download speed of at least 5.0 Mbps per stream is recommended to receive HD content (defined as a resolution of 720p or higher). You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. The time it takes to begin watching Efootball content will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the content you have selected and the configuration of your Efootball ready device.
- 4.8. The Efootball software is developed by, or for, Efootball and is designed to enable viewing of Efootball content through Efootball ready devices. The Efootball software may vary by device and medium, and functionalities and features may also differ between devices. You acknowledge that the use of the service may require third party software that is subject to third party licenses. You agree that you may automatically receive updated versions of the Efootball and related third-party software.
Passwords and account access:The member who created the Efootball account and whose Payment Method is charged (the “Account Owner”) has access and control over the Efootball account and the Efootball ready devices that are used to access our service. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account (which would include information on viewing history for the account), the Account Owner should maintain control over the devices that are used to access the service and not reveal the password nor details of the Payment Method associated with the account to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you, Efootball or our partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.
Warranties and Limitations on Liability:The Efootball service is provided “as is” and without warranty or condition. In particular, our service may not be uninterrupted or error-free. You waive all special, indirect and consequential damages against us. These terms will not limit any non-waivable warranties or consumer protection rights that you may be entitled to under the laws of your country of residence.
Class Action Waiver:Where permitted under the applicable law, you and EFootball agree that each may bring claims against the other only in your or its individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class or representative proceeding. Further, where permitted under the applicable law, unless both you and Efootball agree otherwise, the court may not consolidate more than one person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
- 8.2. Unsolicited Materials. Efootball does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for Efootball content and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to Efootball.
- 8.3. Customer Support. To find more information about our service and its features or if you need assistance with your account, please write to email@example.com.
Last update: december 2017